About Clear Voice
Clear Voice are passionate about removing language barriers and supporting vulnerable people. We work with Charities and organisations in the Public and Private Sectors across the UK.
We are currently recruiting freelance interpreters for British Sign Language, who can help us to meet the needs of our clients within the Greater London area.
Clear Voice is an equal opportunities organisation and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- Competitive rates of pay
- Excellent training opportunities including an induction course, ongoing one on one support, training sessions and upskilling opportunities
- Flexible working - set your own hours
- Telephone Interpreting Services which run 24/7
- Pre-booked telephone, video remote and face-to-face interpreting opportunities – you choose which suits you best.
- Dedicated members of staff to support you with any queries.
Assignments include but are not limited to:
- Asylum and Refugee Services
- Modern Day Slavery
- Local Authorities / Social Services
- Social Housing / Social Security
- Employment / Education
The role of the Interpreter is to facilitate communication between people, who do not have a language in common. The interpreter’s duty is to convey the sense and meaning of what is said to enable an effective two-way communication.
What we expect from our linguists
- Provide professional language interpreting services
- Adhere to our strict Code of Conduct
- Provide an accurate, confidential and impartial interpreting service
- Ensure the highest level of quality by following all interpreting guidelines
- Deliver outstanding customer service
- Possess excellent communication, language and organisational skills
- Be punctual, reliable, confident, enthusiastic and professional
- Remain impartial and unbiased, to exhibit courtesy towards the clients and service users
- Display deep understanding of the culture of both languages
- Maintain a professional demeanour throughout the interpreting assignment
Qualifications, Experience and Memberships (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years’ Interpreting experience
- Community Interpreting Level 3 Certificate
- Diploma in Police Interpreting (DPI) / Metropolitan Police Test
- Diploma in Public Service Interpreting (DPSI)
- Any other qualifications related to Interpreting/Translation
- Bachelor’s and/or Masters degree in Languages, Translation, Interpretation, Philology, Linguistics or related fields
- Ph.D. or Doctoral in Languages, Philology, Linguistic or related fields
- Certificate of Higher Education in Translation, Interpretation, Languages, Philology or Linguistics
- National Registered of Public Service Interpreters (NRPSI)
- Chartered Institute of Linguists Qualifications (CIOL)
- Institute of Translation and Interpreting (ITI)
You must be also able to provide:
- Evidence that you are eligible to work in the UK
- Provide a valid DBS certificate (or be willing to apply for one)
- 2 References
If you don’t meet the above mentioned requirements and you are still interested, we encourage all candidates to get in touch with us to discuss their circumstances further.
Tel: 08000 5200 380 email: firstname.lastname@example.org